Casa SerenaCzech Republic / Design Solutions / Europe
- Opened in 2007, Casa Serena staged the Casa Serena Open on the European Seniors Tour from 2008 to 2011 and was one of the most popular events on the schedule.
- Casa Serena is 80 kilometres to the east of Prague, close to the UNESCO World Heritage town of Kutna Hora. The course is owned by Foxconn, the world’s largest contracts manufacturer of electronics.
- The brief was to design a world class, strictly private, golf course on land adjoining a chateau which the client was restoring.
- The golf course should entertain and thrill the client’s guests with the quality of its design and presentation and provide a retreat from the hectic and stressful business environment.
- It should be designed to be generous to the less able golfer, but capable of being set up to provide really good players a stern test. Above all, the course should be fun with great views and exciting golf shots.
- All highly maintained areas of the golf course should be presented in immaculate condition, but the out of play areas should look natural and wild.
- Although enclosed by forest, the site is typically agricultural and almost completely open, with few trees or field boundaries within the property. The soils are heavy but there is plenty of contour.
One of a rare breed of truly private golf courses, Casa Serena is one of the most sought after golf experiences in Central Europe. Those lucky enough to be invited to play shall enjoy a unique, personally tailored golf day on a course set amongst the most tranquil countryside, far from the rush of modern life. The design makes the most of an undulating site, with dramatic ascents and descents on the first nine holes. Deep bunkers proliferate to set off the highly strategic design, featuring bold undulations, large greens and wide fairways. The modern clubhouse enjoys a fine, elevated view over the back nine and beyond to the distant Czech hills.
Perennially ranked as the No. 1 course in the Czech Republic by ‘Top 100 Golf Courses’. Host course for the Foxconn Open on the European Seniors Tour from 2008-2011.
- Client: Foxconn
- Course: 18 Holes
- Length: 6365 metres, Par: 71