Navarino DunesBernhard Langer / Design Solutions / Europe / Greece / Signature Design
- Navarino Dunes has quickly gained a reputation as a high quality golf resort, helping to promote Greece for the first time as a serious golf destination.
- Opened in 2010 it has already been voted one of the World’s Most Exciting New Courses by Golf World.
- Create a flagship signature resort course with excellent practice facilities to accompany two new five star deluxe hotels developed by TEMES, a premier developer of luxury mixed-use resorts.
- The golf course design must demonstrate a commitment to environmental responsibility and complement its natural and historic surroundings.
- Important archaeological sites must be avoided.
- The course should be playable and fun for average and below average abilities, but challenging enough to host occasional professional and amateur tournaments.
- Bernhard Langer employed as signature designer to help attract important German and northern European markets.
- Wide fairways present generous playing areas and large greens make inviting targets. Strategic bunkering and plenty of movement on the putting surfaces rewards accuracy and provides an element of fun.
- Extensive practice facilities include a driving range, practice chipping and putting greens and a dedicated short game practice area.
- The style of the golf course defines its unique character and sets it aside from other courses in this region of the Mediterranean.
- Extensive native planting and replanting emphasizes the traditional landscape character of the region. All trees removed during golf course construction replanted on the course or elsewhere on the project.
- 130,000 metres of geothermal heat collectors laid below several fairways to aid the heating and cooling of the buildings.
- The need to respond to on-site archaeological discoveries required a flexible design approach.
The course opened for play in May 2007.
- Designed in association with: Bernhard Langer
- Client: TEMES
- Course: 18 Holes
- Length: 6200 metres, Par: 72
T: (30)(272) 309 6000