Carton House - The MontgomerieEurope / Ireland / Signature Design
To design a Colin Montgomerie golf course as part of a 36 hole development within a historic, walled estate, 30 minutes north west of Dublin. The course should be capable of staging important professional and amateur tournaments.
Dating back to the 17th century, Carton House was formerly the ancestral home of the Fitzgeralds, Earls of Kildare. The “Montgomerie” is the second of two European Golf Design courses on the site, the first being the O’Meara Course which opened for play in July 2002.
Located within an open parkland setting the course design is heavily strategic in nature and has a very traditional feel. The course is characterised by its steep faced, penal bunkering and dramatic swales and contouring on and around the greens.
- Winner of “Best New Design of the Year 2004” Award – Golf World, January 2005.
- Ranked 10th in Ireland by US Golfers Digest magazine – April 2005.
- Hosted the 2005 & 2006 Nissan Irish Open.
- Hosted the 2004 AIB Irish Amateur Open Championship.
- Hosted the 2010 Handa Irish Senior’s Open.
- Host to 2013 Irish Open.
- Designed in association with: Colin Montgomerie
- Client: Sporting Concepts Ireland
- Course: 18 Holes
- Length: 7300 yards, Par: 72
CARTON HOUSE GOLF CLUB
T: +353 1 628 6271
F: +353 1 628 6555