Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht ClubDesign Solutions / Dubai / Thomas Bjorn / UAE
- Following a major redevelopment in 2004 of the existing golf course by European Golf Design, in association with Thomas Bjorn, the golf course at Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club is now the centre piece of one of the most recognized golf resorts in the world.
- The redesign of the golf course allowed real estate and resort development values to be maximised.
- The entire project, including both design and construction, took just 14 months and all the residential units were sold.
- In 2005 Dubai Creek was named in Golf World’s Top 100 Golf Courses in the World and in 2008 it was voted ‘Best Course in the Middle East’ by readers of Business Traveller Magazine.
- In the 2011 Middle East Golfer Awards the 18th at Dubai Creek was voted Best Hole in the Middle East.
- Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club originally opened in 1993 and was the second golf course to be built in Dubai. We were asked to re-design the course by using additional land in order to integrate a new 5 star hotel and a residential development.
- The new course should be a modern, world class resort course which attracts golfers from all over the world.
- This was a sizable project with a total budget of 100 million USD. In addition to the work on the golf course, a luxury 225-bedroom Park Hyatt hotel, and 92 executive villas were planned. A floodlit 9 hole par 3 course, a driving range, extensive short game practice facilities and a golf teaching centre were also provided.
- The 7000 yard, par 71, golf course is a testing course which has been cleverly landscaped to disguise its city centre location. Dubai Creek itself, as well as a number of other man-made water features, add to the challenge.
- Designed in association with: Thomas Bjorn
- Client: Mirage Millé
- Course: 18 Holes
- Length: 6967 yards, Par: 71
Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club
PO Box 6302, Dubai
T: +971 4 2956000
F: +971 4 295604